Non-vegetarians pledging to go meat-free during Vegetarian Awareness Month (October) could win. Even just one day will make you eligible for the drawing. Vegetarian diets help people, animals and the earth. Join us to make the world a better place and we are all winners!
Non-vegetarians who pledge to abstain from all meat, fish and fowl will be entered in a random drawing for cash prizes.
Random Prize Winning Categories
One prize will be awarded in each category*
- Reduce the risk of major killers such as heart disease, stroke and cancer while cutting exposure to foodborne pathogens
- Provide a viable answer to feeding the world’s hungry through more efficient use of grains and other crops
- Save animals from suffering in factory-farm conditions and from the pain and terror of slaughter
- Conserve vital but limited freshwater, fertile topsoil and other precious resources
- Preserve irreplaceable ecosystems such as rainforests and other wildlife habitats
- Decrease greenhouse gases that are accelerating global
- Mitigate the ever-expanding environmental pollution of
The contest is sponsored by the North American Vegetarian Society. You must not be a vegetarian prior to entering and participating in the contest to be eligible to win. You must be 18 or older to enter and win the contest. No NAVS employees, board members or officers (or their immediate families) are eligible to enter the contest. No Employees of Trainor Associates or their immediate families are eligible. There will be one prize awarded for each of three pledge time periods: Entire month of October (all 31 days): winner receives $1000 - One week (7 consecutive days) in October: winner receives $500 - One day in October: winner receives $250. To be eligible, each day counted must be 24 consecutive hours. Winners will be chosen by a random drawing. Winners must certify that they have abstained from all meat, fish and fowl for their designated time period. If you have not abstained from all meat, fish and fowl you will forfeit your prize and a new winner will be chosen. To be eligible to win, pledges that are mailed in must be postmarked by October 31st and online pledges must be submitted by October 31st (midnight eastern standard time). Winners will be notified by November 30th. Prize money will be sent in the form of a check. Winners must pay state and federal income tax on their prizes. Winners who do not claim their prize within 30 days after being notified by NAVS will forfeit their prize and a new winner will be selected. To claim your prize you must fill out and sign a form certifying that the eligibility requirements listed in the contest rules were met. If any requirements were not met a new winner will be selected in that category. Winners will be announced in Vegetarian Voice magazine and on the NAVS websites. This contest is void where prohibited by law. Only one pledge per person will be accepted in the drawing.